Yes, you read that right....Fancy Nancy the BIRDHOUSE. I've blogged about how much Annie is into Jane O'Connor's Fancy Nancy books before. I guess we've either created our own monster (not that she's really a monster...just umm, DRAMATIC), or shall I dare admit...she takes after her mother. Fine, I'll admit it, I was definately a dramatic kid growing up (yes Mom, I know, I did get a kid "just like me"). But really, she is actually such a doll. Anyways, where was a going...oh yes! So, I have been doing Mommy School with Annie since last September and we've been having a great time with this. This last month or so we have been learning about various things to do with winter, migration, hibernation, ice, snow, etc. A couple of weeks ago we read alot of books about migration and bought some birdseed at the local pet store to make our own birdhouse. The birdhouse sat in the back of the car for weeks and I finally decided I HAD to make this birdhouse before it was already summer! Although it would have been cute to "make our own", I opted for an easier (and I think better) option and bought a cute one at Michael's for $4.99. Two bottles of acrylic paint (chosen specifically by Annie) and a few hours later, and WA-LA, our very own "Fancy Nancy Birdhouse". Don't you just love the glitter she also insisted upon on the roof? Oh I love that girl.
This is serious painting people!
Love love love that girl!
The finished "piece"
Classic Annie
Happy girl to be with her Dad.
4 comments:
Liesl is getting so big! And she's so cute!
Great looking birdhouse and such a fun idea, now I just need to wait a couple years (hopefully I can remember this by then :)
Such a great idea! My girls would love that. I will give you a call in a week or so. I have some major deadlines this week and can't focus on anything else! I can't wait to talk.
three things: 1) i love the pink and purple birdhouse- i would've chosen those same colors at that age! looks so cute! 2) that close up picture of annie at the show is so adorable! she looks like she can harldly contain her excitement! and 3) liesl is so big!! such a cute little girly! can't wait to snuggle her this weekend!!!
Post a Comment