Here we are working on a "smush" painting. It was also a great way to learn about symmetry. 


Next we worked on these string art paintings by soaking white yarn in liquid watercolor and laying it on one side of a piece of paper. We then took a book and layed it on top of the folded over sheet and pulled the yarn out. Voila! Cool abstract art!

Today we worked more on the "color wheel" and talked alot about the colors and how they are made. I used oil pastels for the color wheel worksheet so she could actually "mix" the colors right on the sheet. She did a little abstract coloring also:)
Lastly, we did this cool "drip painting" with acrylic paints, canvas board and a waterbottle. It's a bit crazy but it's more the process that I'm interested in, not the end product. As you can see, she's pretty proud of herself:)
Come join in the fun if you have a chance. I'm excited for the other projects!
3 comments:
My wife is amazing. My kids are cute too.
I just love the butterfly painting; it will be so nice to have it on the wall. I am waiting for my 6 months old son to be mature enough to do art projects like that. Thanks for inspiration. M
Very cool.
I don't have the patience for the mess and prep time of art very often. I'm impressed you are able to do so much of it so often.
Post a Comment