Thursday, March 17, 2011

How we celebrate St. Patty's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Although we are (well, I am) sick over here (going on two weeks now...I'm ready to be healthy!!), we are celebrating the holiday by making none other than some good treats!
This is actually last years treats...a fruit rainbow. I was planning on doing this again but as we have been so sick for the last 2 weeks, I didn't get to the store to get the extra fruit.
This year, we made a little Rainbow Jello! I've had this recipe since college (thanks Vicky!!), and busted it out for a little fun in the kitchen with Annie. I'll post the recipe if you'd like, just leave me a comment (or google it, there is a million different recipes out there).For dinner tonight, I'm planning on making a simple meal of Smashed Potato Soup (thought it went well with the Irish theme, since they are famous for their potatoes). The recipe is my good friend's from Connecticut and whatever she makes is DELICIOUS! Annie and I are also making some delish Chocolate Cupcakes filled with Mint Ganache and topped with Mint Frosting. YUMMM.
Annie says "top of the mornin' to you"!

No comments: