The pictures are a bit dark but I love how it turned out. It will fit this year and next (the arms are a smidge long so perfect for growing room). I may have enough left-over material to make another one for the baby next winter.
The next pattern I tried was the Birthday Party Dress. It also was super easy to follow and came together in a few evenings. I actually made it to match a sweater I knitted for Christmas. Well, that is to say, I started knitting the sweater last April and finished over the Christmas holidays....The dress is made of 100% cotton fabric by Tula Pink (Fluterby Collection). I'm planning on making a dress for the baby out of this fabric too.
The best part is that Annie LOVES her dress and sweater. Whenever she wears it, she tells everyone, "my mommy made my dress". I know, it's vain but it makes me feel good that she's proud of what her mom can do.
My next project is smocking an easter dress for her. I luckily have a very talented friend that has helped me out on this one. It's actually alot easier than I thought it would be. I'm almost done the smocking and then I will start sewing the dress. If all goes well, I can start on a blessing gown for the baby. I'll be sure to post photos once I'm done with both of those.
So, blogging friends of mine: Do any of you sew? What sewing sites do you use? I know there are a bunch of great sewing blogs out there but what are your favorites? Please share!
4 comments:
Jenny,
You are aMAZEing! These look so great! Way to go.
Cool! I'd love to borrow your coat pattern for next winter. I noticed Annie's little dress at church and I was going to ask you where you bought it. I didn't fathom that you had the time to sew it!!! Good job lady!
Have you been to this one? http://www.sewmamasew.com/
Jenny, I am so impressed! Thanks for sharing your pattern advice too. I always just stick with whatever I can find at Joann's and more often than not, it's disappointing. Way to go! I can't wait to see Annie's jacket on her!
WOW!!! You never cease to amaze me! Thanks for giving me the heads up on your blog...makes me happy. How was your trip, by the way?
Post a Comment