Sewing is such a great stress relief for me these days. I don't know why I like it so much but I have definately been doing alot of it lately after Annie goes to bed.
I've been feeling badly that I haven't made anything for the baby yet. I made a TON of blankets, burp cloths, etc for Annie before she was born and of course, had fun buying all the gear that a new baby requires. So, with this one, we don't really need that much. But, I still have wanted to do some things that are "just for this baby". I know she won't know the difference or care, but I do.
Sean was thoughtful and bought me Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones for Christmas. I love her fabric designs and these patterns are super cute. Unfortunately, the patterns are not particularly well written and can be confusing at times, even for an experienced sewer. However, I've been eyeing several of the patterns for the last 2 months and finally made my first one from this book, the "Easy Empire Waist Top" out of the same material that I made Annie's "Birthday Party Dress" by Oliver + S. I LOVE how it turned out and Annie keeps talking about how "cute it is" and for her "baby sister". It will be fun to take pictures of the two girls in their matching dresses this summer.


Next up: finishing Annie's easter dress. I have finished the smocking but haven't started constructing the dress yet. Shouldn't be too hard but we'll see. If all goes well, I'm going to smock the baby a blessing gown also. I'll post photos when I'm done:).
No comments:
Post a Comment