Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day Goodies

Valentine's Love Pouch

Despite all the craziness at our house these days (just ask Sean about how his dissertation is going--should be done by Tuesday), I found this adorable Valentine's Day Mailbox from The Polka Dot Door Blog. She has a cute etsy shop where she is selling the pdf pattern. I almost didn't take the time to make it for Annie this year but last minute, I decided it would be fun to have Annie open her Valentine's treats in it so I whipped it up last night while Sean was burning the midnight oil on his dissertation. It turned out VERY cute and I am definately going to make one next year for the baby (I'd make it now but we haven't decided on a name).

Close up on lettering--it was harder than I thought to machine stitch it--may just hand stitch next time...

Close up on inside of pouch. I love how this turned out!

Our Valentine's was very low key this year for obvious reasons. Sean's gift to me is finishing his dissertation and I gave him some Dove Chocolates:). We are waiting to "celebrate" till after he defends on March 5th. Go Sean!

2 comments:

HeatherB said...

It turned out so cute! Nice work Jenny! I can't believe you did that so fast.

natals said...

LOVE the Valentine bag. Great work!