Saturday, January 16, 2010

Vomit

Sorry everyone for the title but that is what my world has revolved around this past week (well, really for the past 5 months but not to the same degree). This week, Annie and I came down with a NASTY stomach bug that left both of us flattened. I came down with it Tuesday night around 10:30pm and ended up getting IV fluids on Wednesday afternoon. Thank goodness for IV Zofran. Medicine is a beautiful thing. I was grateful and annoyed that it was my day off. Grateful that I didn't need to take another day off but annoyed that I had to spend my day off vomiting and getting fluids. I went to work on Thursday and then Thursday night around 8pm, Annie started with the vomiting. I knew she wasn't feeling well when she didn't eat any dinner and when offered a popsicle, she turned that down! She vomiting about 12 times before I started to get a little concerned that she'd need IV fluids too. However, we dodged that bullet and just had her drink small sips of gingerale all day yesterday. She seems to be doing better this morning. I am on call this weekend and work till 1pm today but so far, Sean hasn't called me to let me know she's vomiting again. Let's hope not! Can I just get on my soapbox and say I am SICK of vomiting!!! Pregnancy is by far no fun with all the vomiting anyways but to add a GI bug on top, that's just not right!

Sorry again for no pics but we still haven't downloaded any off our camera. I'm sure that's okay with you though for this post...can't imagine what pics I would include anyways:)

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Yikes! Lily was throwing up on Sunday, I guess there's some nasty bug going around. Let me know if you anything!!!

broberts said...

yuck jenny...so not fun. we had the nasty flu bug here last week, bella first, then me (which ended with a trip to the ER), then kaedance...then bella kinda back tracked and started throwing up again, but still no sick hubby and i hope it stays that way.

i was sick of vomit after last week and i dont have morning sickness on top of it..poor you!!!!

Kylie Walker said...

Ugh, I hope you guys are feeling better and especially I hope you are surviving.