Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Divas

Some of you may be familiar with the Fancy Nancy books by Jane O'Connor and Illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser. Essentially, these books are about a little girl who loves to be "fancy" and "teaches" her parents how to be fancy by giving them "fancy lessons". Below is an illustration from the book--Nancy has given her family "fancy lessons" and they are going out to dinner at the "King's Cross" (pizza) for a fancy dinner. I just love the expression on Nancy's face (the girl in the ruffle dress). It's like she's saying "I've arrived". So, when I saw these pictures of Annie, I just had to laugh how similar they are to our Fancy Nancy books. Oh, she is a little diva.

2 comments:

The Shuldbergs said...

hahahaha i love it! this reminds me of when me and kaitlyn langford dressed up as princesses when we were living in our fraser heights house. i think we were about 7 or 8 though. annie is a doll.

Jen said...

There is nothing like a dressed up girl! Precious!