

Well, we finally blessed Liesl (for those of you who are not Mormon, this is similar to christening a baby). We were so lucky to have both Sean's and my parents up for the blessing. It was a nice day as you can see from the pictures. I made Liesl's blessing gown (with lots of help from Mom Taylor--she made the petticoat and helped me finish and iron the dress). It was a really fun project--I bought the lace from a "trim" shop in New York called
M&J Trimming and bought a book on making heirloom clothing. I am going to take Liesl to have her pictures taken professionally (JC Penneys or similar) of her in the dress--you can't really see the details in these photos. I'm glad I did it (it was alot of work...) and hopefully Liesl will use it for her kids in the future!!:)
3 comments:
Just wanted to say hello, and it looks like you guys have been having so much fun on the west coast! Both of your girls are getting big! Take care!!
So beautiful Jenny! I can't wait to see close-ups of the dress. You are so amazing! I am glad the day was so wonderful for you all. Sorry I have missed your calls lately. We had friends in town and things have really been crazy around here. I will call soon.
She's such a cutie! Glad mom and dad could make it up there. :) love you guys!
Post a Comment