Wednesday, January 09, 2008

New Years Resolutions and other thoughts

So, I'm trying to actually stick to my New Year's resolutions this year. Hmm, we'll see how far that goes. I want to scrapbook/journal Annie's first year. I have a baby book for her that I've actually kept up but I haven't really added any photos. My mom and I were talking about how with digital pictures, you take a bunch of pictures but you don't actually print them out so she's afraid that kids will grow up without any "real" pictures of their childhood. I would have to say I agree. Although Sean and I have taken hundreds of photos of Annie, we haven't printed out many. I have a bunch that I printed out for her room in 5x7s and 4x6s but not too many for albums. So, I had several printed out yesterday. I'm going to print them out by "event" of sorts and scrap them before I order more. Hopefully that will also keep me motivated.

I'm also trying to be more "productive" and use my time more wisely. Haha, as I sit here blogging...yesterday I tackled the bathrooms and washed the floors. Sometimes I just want to take a nap when Annie's asleep but I know how precious time is to myself!

Annie is really particular these days about food. She is refusing to eat carrots, peas and green beans and often refusing cereal in the morning. I think she's just getting picky about what she likes since she has no fuss about eating fruit, yogurt, "puffs" or little bits of bread. Sean and I are trying to not make food a huge issue and force her to eat but at the same time, I want her to eat what I give her and not make a huge fuss. So, we're trying to compromise of sorts by giving her some of what she likes and some of what she doesn't like. I figure she won't starve but I also don't want her to refuse solid foods and just nurse more...I'd like to eventually wean her too. Ahh, the fun of new motherhood!

1 comment:

natals said...

As I recall keeping up your blog was a goal too, so don't discount keeping the rest of us updated!

Scrapbooking organization tip: Print photos for an event/theme/however you organize your pages, and keep them in an manila folder (or envelope if you've got lots of loose little bits). Jot down notes of who, when, where, what, why, etc and tuck those in too. Add paper and embellishments if you like (perhaps you saw the perfect 3-d stickers or ribbon that will just make that page). Then down the road, however far that may be, when you're ready to scrap that event, just grab your folder and you're ready to go. You could store your folders in a magazine file on your desk or a shelf for easy access.

A feeding tip I read but have never put into practice: keep a journal of what they're eating. A lot of times they won't have a "well-balanced" diet in a single day, but within the week they'll get everything they need. Our pediatrician also added that they won't starve themselves. If you insist that you eat what they're given and don't let them have anything else, they'll be hungry for a few days but soon they'll be more cooperative. Obviously I haven't put that into practice, either, but it's been very tempting lately. :) You may find it suits your needs. If not, remember she won't go to college eating nothing but puffs and bits of bread.