Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Incredible

There is no other way to describe it...incredible. I thought Connecticut was bad when it came to snow and driving....but this far exceeds Connecticut drivers by far. Yesterday we got about 2-3 inches of snow. It started snowing around 7 or 8am yesterday and snowed on and off all day. Sean caught the 7am bus and arrived at work at 9am (usually takes around 45 minutes). Sean's work advised everyone to go home around 2:30pm and he left around 3:30pm. It took him till 7:30PM to get home. Yes, he was on the bus but one of my friend's husband who drives to work took LONGER to get home than the bus. Seriously, that is CRAZY. A six hour commute. But he was safe, our car was okay and we were warm. Welcome Winter.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

I remember laughing that they canceled school here when it snows. And now I know why. They just don't have the equipment to deal with it and no one knows how to drive. It's days like these that I am greatful we bought a 4WD SUV instead of a minivan.

Marie said...

I remember well how snow shuts down Seattle. But it is so beautiful in the snow...

Lauren said...

Brutal. If you think that's bad, you should see it when it snows in the South!