
Happy Halloween! For the past couple of years we've tried coordinating our costumes. I think this year was a rousing success. We went as the "Cinderella" family sans Evil Stepmother (I was just tired of always having to be the evil one...): Annie was Cinderella, Liesl was Gus Gus the Mouse, Sean was Prince Charming and I was the Fairy Godmother. It was fun to wear and make.





I just love how Sean's costume turned out. I got a blazer with the gold stripes on the cuffs for $3 at Value Villagea. Sean suggested I turn up the collar and I added the gold lame to the collar and around the waist for a belt. Sean actually made the epilettes and belt buckle with cardboard and a glue gun. We got the rest of the trim at Joann's. He looked pretty good if you're asking me:)

Annie's costume was a pattern (Simplicity 2563) but it was enormously large in the top (I even measured her before I cut it out and I still had to take it in about 3 inches). It ended up being a little low in the front because I had to take it in so much so that's why she has a camisole on in these pictures. I am planning on making her a Snow White costume out of the same pattern for Christmas but I'll alter the pattern so we don't have the same problem. The pattern came with a pattern for a headband that I made. She had that black velvet ribbon that we used for the choker and we bought the gloves from a cheap Halloween store. She also had the shoes previously.
For Liesl's costume I bought some green knit at Joann's and patterned it after a knit hat she already had (it would have been easy to make this without a pattern though). I made the mouse ears out of felt and sewed them into the brim of the hat. I got the shirt from Value Village and borrowed the pants for a friend. I made the pointed booties from a modified Robeez (think baby shoes) pattern I already had from a friend. The only thing disappointing about them was that the felt I used was super cheap and by the end of the night, the booties didn't look too good. Oh well, no one is going to wear those again anyways.
I got blue nightgown from Value Village also. Sean helped me find some instructions online for making a hooded cape and we used that to make the cape. I got the material from Joann's also. I like how it turned out but would have made the hood a bit larger in retrospect (it didn't stay on very well so I just wore it down)


Obviously Annie enjoyed herself at the Trunk or Treat!

Next up: Thanksgiving and Christmas!!! I have a bunch of homemade gifts to make this year (we're trying to simplify Christmas...I'll blog about that later) so wish me luck!
3 comments:
I love, love, love the costumes. You did an awesome job as did Sean with his suggestions and help with the costumes. One day I will become like you...
Love it! You did a great job! So fun to see what you all are up to:)
i couldn't wait to see these pictures! ask Lance...i was checking your blog every time i got a chance to be on the computer! the costumes are adorable jen-- i especially love liesl as gus gus. so cute! i want to hear about all your homemade gifts for christmas...i want to at least make some christmas decorations for our place so if you have any ideas...let me know! love you!
Post a Comment