Finally I had a chance to post these pictures of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I still have a few cute ones from the days after Christmas and New Years Eve/Day but they will have to wait. We had a WONDERFUL Christmas together at home this year. Annie is just at the age where she is excited about "Sansa" and enjoyed opening her presents (and ours too). For Christmas Eve we went over to our friends house and enjoyed a nice potluck dinner. Later that night, we had a Christmas Nativity Story/Reading with Annie and sang Christmas Carols. We put out cookies for Santa before our story but Annie kept getting up to go nibble on the cookies. Haha. A girl after my own heart!
This picture was taken at our friend's on Christmas Eve.

Annie and I--what is she doing with that little tongue of hers?!

So, onto the pile o' presents. First to explain, Sean and I put a budget on Christmas every year and it is always quite low since we are still in school. My parents were so generous and offered to buy Annie a play kitchen for Christmas (THANK YOU!) and we decided to get Annie the "accessories" to go with it--pots/pans, some play food, etc. We bought her a few other things including a barbie and a ballerina costume to match her barbie but really didn't do much else (I ended up not wrapping 4 of her gifts in the end too!). We decided this year to invest in a nice digital SLR camera since our digital camera was on the fritz and the lens wouldn't close. Other than that we had some small things for each other. Anyways, my parents ended up bringing several gifts with them when the visited and Sean's parents sent several gifts. So...we ended up with a very nice Christmas in the end. What a nice surprise and thank you to our generous families!!!! Here's what things looked like before Annie woke up.

After opening some gifts and having friends over....

Annie LOVES her kitchen--she plays with it every day. Thank you so much Mom and Dad Layton. This is a cute shot I caught on our new camera. I'm still learning the ropes of it but I've got a few good ones.

I love this one of Annie--she has such a innocent and sweet face.
Reading books that Grandma Taylor sent. Thank you too, Annie reads them almost every night.

What a goose- Annie in her ballerina costume in her doll's stroller.

Cheesseeee.....

Bucket o' fun here.

A not so great shot of our Christmas gathering with friends. Ham + Apple Sweet Potatoes = stuffed content tummy
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!
2 comments:
Your little Annie looks like a doll. I was sad that I didn't get a chnace to talk to you yesterday at church. It seems like we're always passing eachother! They have me in nursery now, so I'll probably get even less of a chance. We'll have to have you and Annie over to play or something fun.
Mmm. Apple Sweet Potatoes. Nathan still asks me to get that recipe from you!
Post a Comment