It's not uncommon for kids to attach to a particular stuffed animal, toy or blanket around Annie's age. Of course you hope it will be the handknit gorgeous blanket from your aunt or a darling teddy bear from your Mom but, more often than not, it's a rather funny toy that your child attaches to. Some of you won't be that surprised then that Annie attached herself to none other than Curious George. The story with this is that in Sean's family, all the kids get called "George" when they are being silly--which is most of the time. So basically "George" already had a special place in the Taylor family. We have a cute shelf in Annie room where I have all her stuffed animals lined up on. One time when I was holding her when she was about 6 month old she reached for "George" and ever since, she LOVES cuddling him. So, we have become fast Curious George fans in the past couple of months. I'm trying to limit taking George with us out on trips. Annie only holds him at night or sometimes at naptime. But the other day she really wanted to walk around with him so I caught a few photos of her favorite pal.
Just chillin'
My buddy
Annie loves to hold George by his shirt. At night, she puts her hand up one of his sleeves and rubs the "fur" with her hand. She likes to do this to either Sean or I too when she is really sleepy. Well, we don't have fur, but you know what I mean...
Just chillin'
My buddy
Annie loves to hold George by his shirt. At night, she puts her hand up one of his sleeves and rubs the "fur" with her hand. She likes to do this to either Sean or I too when she is really sleepy. Well, we don't have fur, but you know what I mean...The one thing I'm grateful about this is that she decided she loves a well-known, easy to find monkey that I can buy in almost any store or online. George has already been thrown up on several times and had to go through the wash or a modified spot cleaning. So, when he's gross and smelly, at least I can buy another one....
3 comments:
I always laugh that the experts suggest buying two of the favorite blanky or toy in case one gets lost, etc, but in my experience, by the time they're old enough to get attached that blanky isn't available anymore (or someone made it for you so a duplicate's really not available). So it is with David's beloved "dow-benkt" (yellow blanket). I know it's a Target item, but no Target I've been to has that particular blanket anymore. I have a blue-check one just like it, but it's not admissable.
That's great that George will be widely available!
just love it....she makes that curious george look even cuter than he is!!
happy mom's day jenny!
Jenny,
She looks so cute carrying George around. Mason only seems to be attached to carrying balls around right now. I guess he is a boy though right? She is such a cute little girl!
Post a Comment