Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Springtime...


After months of cold, depressing weather, spring may actually be on it's way (but by the very mention of it, we probably will get hit with snow). I've spent the last two days outside almost exclusively and it has been great! Saturday was the first day that was really beautiful. It rained REALLY hard on Saturday morning at 6am (Annie's wakeup call) but it cleared off and was so nice and sunny. We took advantage of the nice weather and I headed down to Home Depot to get grass seed and fertilizer while Sean racked the yard and got it ready.

Home Depot has a way of sucking you in...I'm not sure what it is about that place but it takes all my money and has a way of making me think "you can do, we can help" (hmm, that sounds familiar). Well, I came home with 2 flats of pansies, four bulbs of peonies and 5 hostas bulbs. And that was after I put back the tray of seed starters to start my garden. Anyways, I thought I was a bit ambitious when I got home and realized how much I actually had to plant, but amazingly, I got it all planted while Annie was napping. The 18 pansies only covered one of the front beds but at least it's a little color. We put the peonies and hostas at the side of the house--hope they come up!

Interestingly, I picked the peonies just by the picture on the bag but when I got home I realized that one of the varieties I got was a "Sara Bernhardt" variety--which is REALLY funny for those of the family that know I went by Sara Bernhardt as a kid.

On Sunday, we took Annie to the park--the weather wasn't exactly "hot" but it wasn't cold either and I was dying to get out of the house. One of the funnest things was taking Annie on the swing for the first time--she laughed and laughed. We had a great time with her.




This is on the "teeter-totter"--she loved bouncing up and down.

Pushing around "trucks" at the park.

This last one is just funny--Annie likes to play with her spork/spoon set and she just looked so funny with it in her mouth that I had to take a pic.

Sorry it's been so long since I blogged. Happy Spring!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kelly said...

This warm weather is just the best! Oh, I love peonies too. We have a plant coming up that I'm hoping are peonies---I'm not sure since I've never seen them in bloom.

Your yard is going to look so gorgeous! You've motivated me to get out in the garden. I love planting too, just haven't gotten around to the outside of the house yet...

broberts said...

happy spring??!!!! i am so jealous! jon has probably told you already....but we just got a couple of inches of snow and are supposed to get more by the end of the week!!! i'm going crazy! i want home depot to suck me into buying a bunch of cute flowers!!!
ok...that was my rant! annie is so darn cute! looks like she's a joy!

hey...thanks for the website...i'll definitely look into it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny!
I am so glad the weather is warming up too! I just want to soak it all in! It was fun seeing you at the zoo yesterday. We should get Annie and Mason together to play sometime!

Jen said...

You are the cutest parents of a new toddler. This spring and summer are going to be so fun!! I love to see you doing all these firsts. Enjoy!