Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Book Tag

Okay, I've been meaning to do this for about a week but things have been very busy. Somehow I can't tell you exactly with what, but busy none the less. However, my sister-in-law and friend Natalie tagged me and I've been meaning to do this for a while now. Sorry Natalie that it took me so long!! So, to complete this tag you have to:


(1). Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages)
(2). Turn to page 123 (3). Find the 5th sentence
(4). Post the 5th sentence on your blog
(5). Tag 5 people



So the nearest book sadly is:


Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella.
The 5th sentence reads: Matthew Williamson purple beaded kaftan top, size 6
Yeah, I knew you were that interested. So this book is actually one I borrowed from my book club/play group that meets once a month. It's what I call "mind candy" since you don't really learn anything new from reading it, it is funny and you don't have to think hard. I also read it in like 2 days or something. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I read it but hey, everyone needs a break from War and Peace sometime! (Not that I've ever read that either)
I'm meeting with my book club/play group this week and I think we're reading The Other Boleyn Girl--I hear it's good from my good friend Chelle. I also have Three Cups of Tea on my bookshelf to read but need to finish the semester first. I realized today I have better get going on two papers that are due next week or I'm going to be one stressed mama soon!
Well, I think I'll tag some other book lovers: Kelly, Kris, Heather, Lou and Becca.
Hope you all had a wonderful day in this beautiful weather!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

So I need a clarification--do I turn to page one hundred and twenty three and record the fifth sentence on that page?

I'm interested to hear what you think of The Other Boleyn Girl. Haven't read it yet, but I've heard about it.

Jenny said...

yep, turn to page 123 and write down the 5th sentence. Kinda a weird tag but what the heck!

natals said...

Haha! Your nearest book was about like mine. A real gripping sentence! :)