Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer is here

I am trying to update my blog at least once a week but somehow at the end of the day, I don't usually have the energy to put something up. I should be in bed now as I have an interview tomorrow..but I'll just jot down a few things and then head to bed.


Summer is technically here in Seattle but the weather apparently hasn't gotten the memo. Today was in the 60's with grey clouds all day. The sun peaked it's head out a few times but not long enough for a trip to the pool. Annie and I both got hair cuts today but we ended up at the park later this afternoon. It was sweater weather but at least it wasn't raining. I'm not complaining--I definately am glad to not be in the sticky east-coast humidity. But, it would still be nice to have some heat now and then.


I'm also working my way though my stash of projects that have accumulated over the past several years that I haven't finished. I realized I have way too many projects (and ideas) but I need to finish my projects before I start any new ones. I just finished a quilted runner for my mom as a thank you gift, her Christmas gift (blushing--it just needed to be framed) and the quilt top for Liesl's bed quilt. I still need to machine quilt it though. I also have all the material for Annie's quilt for her bed (I have been collecting this for about 3 years and finally got all the material a few months ago), a few half finished skirts for myself and several dresses/skirts for the girls that I haven't made yet. I was telling my good friend Cristina about my projects and she said I should start a blog post titled "my 100 projects". Hopefully I don't have that many.



Here's a few photos to send you (and me) off to sleep:













2 comments:

Cristina said...

inspiring!

The Shuldbergs said...

i love the colors in the table runner...can you make me one too?! :) haha jk you can save that for another few years down the road...maybe i'll get around to making one for myself then. and also, the "my kids" cross stitch is so cute! am i in a ballerina outfit?