I drove into the city and parked the car at Sean's work and then we all took the bus to Safeco Field in downtown Seattle. Annie had a fun time riding the bus with Sean--he rides to work every day and it was fun for her to do this with him. That's another thing I really love about Seattle--the public transportation. Back in Connecticut, public transportation was pitiful. Here in Seattle (and even in the greater Seattle area), you can catch a bus from almost anywhere and get where you need to go (be in downtown Seattle or anywhere else) with relative ease. Sean takes his bike with him and loads it on the bus (they have bike racks on the front of the bus--don't know if that is standard but I think it's cool). That way he can get "close enough" to where he needs to be and bike the rest of the way. Plus, his work pays for his bus pass every month so we save on gas, time and the headache of driving in traffic. So, we are a big fan of using the bus system.
Sean's work also gave us vouchers for food at the stadium which was really nice. Otherwise it would have been another $60+ to feed our small family of four. Halfway during the game I sent Sean back with Annie to get "something sweet". Annie went with him. Next thing I know, he came back with a new Mariners hat for Annie and a "#1" foam finger and nothing "sweet" for me. Huh, that's how it works in this family? But seriously, Annie was so dang cute in her new hat. She has hardly had a day where she hasn't worn it since.
No comments:
Post a Comment