Sunday, May 29, 2011

One!

I can't believe my little girl is already one! I know it's cliche to say this but it really is true--time sure flies by and kids grow up way to fast. For Liesl's birthday, we had a small celebration with just the four of us on her birthday and then had a family barbeque with my brother and his family and my parents the following week. My birthday (the big 3-0) is next week so we just celebrated both birthdays with the family.


Isn't she just adorable? Thanks Elyse for the cute outfit!!



Right now, Liesl is really into playing with our kitchen. And what I mean by "playing" is taking every toy out of the kitchen and onto the floor.


I just love her "OH" here.





Too Cute!

It was alot of fun to decorate for my family barbeque. I made the pennant banner out of scraps from a quilt I'm making Liesl for her bedroom. The cake was also my first adventure in cake decorating. I attempted to recreate the ruffle cake from martha stewart but didn't have alot of success...I'll have to try again soon. Oh well, it was still really adorable and not bad for my first try.





The pom poms were leftover from Annie's party a few weeks ago. Seriously, tissue pom poms are the easiest decoration ever and super duper cheap.



For fun, we made homemade italian sodas. YUMM.








Liesl enjoying her soda with Grandma. Fun fun.

Thanks Layton family for coming down, it was a blast!

No comments: