Saturday, May 07, 2011

Fabulous Fourth Soiree

Today we had Annie's "Fabulous Fourth Soiree" with her friends. As Annie would say, it was a "fancy" party--we roughly based the party off the "Fancy Nancy" books Annie is so fond of. I tried my best to make the house as "fancy" as possible (while not breaking the bank) and Annie loved every minute of it. Of course it is more difficult to actually photograph all the time and work you put into something--these photos aren't really that great. It was so cute and I was so happy with how it turned out.


Rather than have an elaborate spread, I just made fancy cupcakes with strawberry buttercream frosting, yogurt dipped pretzels from Trader Joes and strawberries. No complaints from anyone too!This "castle" was actually a last minute addition--it was a card from Annie's grandparents in South Carolina. It was so cute and perfect for the table.Tissue balls are SOOO easy and cheap to make and make anything look fancy. I'm reusing them in a couple of weeks for Liesl's party:). The white laterns were in the corners of the room and are from my sister's s wedding!The toppers on the cupcakes are from some scrapbooking paper I got at the local craft store (Ben Franklin). I just cut out the circles and glued them to scallopped circles I punched out.I wish this picture had turned out better. It was much cuter in person. I didn't get a great shot of the banner I made--I LOVE it and think it will be used for more than one party in the future.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any great photos of Annie except this one (and it is slightly out of focus). She was very "fancy".For activities, we had the kids decorate crowns, do an "fancy obstacle course" while dressed in fancy accessories, and have a fashion show. It was so cute.What would a party be without "spin the bottle" to pick which present to open?Annie is LOVING "Tangled" right now and got quite a few Tangled inspired gifts and art supplies. She loves them. Lucky girl. Now onto Liesl's party!

1 comment:

The Shuldbergs said...

this party looked awesome! way to go jen! i'm sure annie was a very happy birthday girl :). what are you going to do for liesl's party? i so wish i could be there for all these fun events!!!!!