On MLK Day we drove over to Seattle and went to Discovery Park in Magnolia. Breathtakingly beautiful. It was a nice day, abeit a bit chilly. Last Monday for President's Day we went over to Richmond Beach in Shoreline. Again, it was just breathtaking. We planned to stay a little longer than we actually did (it was extremely cold and windy) but at least it wasn't raining. These days and views help me to remember how lucky I am to live here. If you've never visited the pacific northwest, it's about time you did. These pictures don't even do it justice...
View from Richmond Beach:
Can't finish the day without a little "Kirate Kid" reinactment...
Just another reason I love where I live...
3 comments:
im glad you told me on facebook that you had updated your blog! this post makes me miss home A LOT! only a few more weeks til we come visit though-- yay!!!! i cannot wait! i cannot wait for the scenery, the crisper air, and the family time-- especially with those adorable little girls! Liesl is really growing up into such a cute lil munchkin. She will for sure be getting lots and lots of hugs and kisses from her Auntie Elyse! And Annie is so funny-- totally takes after her mommy and auntie in the "I'm cold" department. I love how she has Sean's sweater not only wrapped around her, but tied as well! Not one bit of cold air can come in, not one! And Sean, well he's Sean-- perfectly silly and a great daddy. We just watched the new karate kid movie not too long ago. It was a good one...but I think Sean's moves look even better than Will Smith's son's moves (star of the new karate kid movie)! and last but not least, you are such a good mom and wife to just go out and play with your family! i want to be like that when i have kids too. we should plan to do something fun monday before we fly out that night. we are still planning on coming down to your place on sunday night right? sunday night we should play games and then monday do something fun. i realize sean still probably has to go to work monday but maybe we could do downtown and then stop in for a quick visit on his lunch break or something. anyways, this is a long blog response...sorry! i love you lots!!
You are making me wish we weren't still living in CT. Every time I think, well, it is kind of pretty here, I'm reminded of the breathtaking beauty of Seattle. There is just no contest. Seattle wins by a landslide.
Nice pics! We do live in a beautiful place, but I miss the sun right now. =)
Post a Comment