We had a great time in Utah visiting family before heading up to Seattle to go to my brother's wedding. We were able to stop in and see my grandparents and Sean's grandmother. We had a really nice lunch with my grandparents and actually took Sean's grandma out for dinner at Olive Garden. It was fun to see them. I had a hard time seeing my grandfather though--he has changed so much in the 3 years since we have seen him. He is just getting old and does not remember things very well. He's also much weaker now and actually went to take a nap before we left (thus, why my grandma is the only one in the picture). I got choaked up several times at their house. He is such an amazing man, raised an amazing family and it breaks my heart to see a giant like him become old. I'm not sure if I will see him again in this life so I'm really glad we had the opportunity while we were there. We love our grandparents.
Grandmother Layton, Anne Elyse and I visiting in Salt Lake.
Grandma Rabiger, Sean and Anne Elyse.
We also stopped and visited the grave of Sean's grandfather Ralph Taylor while we were there. He passed away in April of this last year but we were unable to attend the funeral. It was really nice to visit the grave (Sean's grandma is also buried there) and pay our respects. We brought some flowers for the grave and that made it nice. I'm so glad we have the knowledge that this life isn't the end and we will see our loved ones again. Without this, I think death would be so much harder.
Lucky for us, we also got to meet up with several of Sean's brothers and sisters in Utah. It turned out that all but 2 of Sean's siblings were in Utah at the time (thanks to Minda particularly for making the trip so she could see us, as well as Lisle and Natalie would were there for other events too). Thank you so much to DeeAnn for welcoming us into their home for a few nights. We also spend an afternoon and evening with Sean's brother Nathan and family. They have a small "farm" not too far from there house where they have 2 horses, chickens, goats, rabbits and some ducks. They hosted all the family that was in town to a great dinner, horseback riding and a fun bonfire. We had a great time. Annie even went horseback riding with me (we have video but it's on the other camera)--she was a bit nervous but had a good time nonetheless.
Sean is probably the "favorite uncle" (I can say this because the siblings always say it to me) and the kids just love to play with him. The boys in particular love to "wrestle" with Uncle Sean and he was ferociously attacked (umm, tackled) by them on several occasions. He is such a good sport. Annie was a little nervous during these free-for-alls since he usually isn't quite as rough with her. I guess we need another boy around here...(no annoucements, sorry). These are a few pictures from "Sean vs. the boys".

Annie had a great time playing at DeeAnn's house with her cousins. She and Dawson really enjoyed playing in the playhouse and Sean got a few cute ones of them.


I also had fun playing Barbies with Annie one night. Who knew a 27 year old would love Barbies this much years later...haha. I always wanted the Barbie Dream house....
I don't have any pictures of this but we also had a great time visiting with our friends Carl and Lindsay Spear. They are a bestest buds from BYU and we miss them tons. Thanks again guys!
All in all, it was a great trip. But the fun was only half over...




1 comment:
Yes! A fellow doll lover. I remember when I decided that I was too old to play with barbies anymore...and telling my little sister that I would still make acceptions any time she wanted to play with me. But, having girls is so great because you get to do it all over again.
I loved seeing the picture of your Grandma Layton. She is an amazing woman. Sorry to hear that your Grandpa isn't doing as well. I have to second what a great family they raised. I'm glad we're connected to them, too!
Post a Comment