I found a few cute ideas online for Valentine's Day that I thought I'd try out (try here for one from Martha Stewart. Another idea I tried is from this month's Family Fun Magazine so it's not online yet). I want to make this one too. We are making up packages for Annie's cousins so we're trying to get it done and in the mail in the next few days.
For the chocolate heart pops, I had leftover mini candycanes from Christmas that were taking up space in my pantry. We put the candy canes in the oven at 235 degrees for 8-10 minutes to make them soft. Right after they came out of the oven, we made them into hearts by "squishing" them onto lollipop sticks I picked up from Jo-Ann's. We then took 1 cup of white chocolate chips and 1 1/2 tsp of canola oil and melted the chocolate and oil mixture in the microwave (stirring it ever 10 seconds). Then then filled out candycane hearts with the melted chocolate and sprinkled with heart sprinkles I already had. I had the bags and ribbon in my craft stash.
For the flower pops, we traced out hearts from cardstock and then punched the hearts with a 1/8" hole at the bottom. We used five hearts per flower. Annie had fun writing the names on the flower pops and helping me trace the hearts (I could have used my Cricut cutter but that seemed like more work than necessary). 
3 comments:
Saw that in Family Fun magazine and wanted to try it! It turned out super cute! You do such cute things!! And yes, I totally blog-stalk you guys.
that is one cool craft! I need to share that with my other mom friend!
I love those ideas-I wanted to do something fun with Lily for Valentine's day next week. I'm still jelous you live in Washington-I hope we can make it back soon!
Post a Comment