Thursday, January 20, 2011

Homemade and Happy: Part 2

Sean made an awesome gift for Liesl this year for Christmas--a "first words" book. I had seen this idea on a few blogs (here's another) out there and suggested he try making the book for her. Basically he took photos of her toys and then spelled out the word using scrabble letters. He used plain cardstock for the background and did a small amount of touchup on Photoshop Elements. He then uploaded the full-page photos into Shutterfly's Photobook software and ordered the book a few weeks before Christmas. You could do something similar with Blurb or any other photobook company but we have used Shutterfly in the past and like the results. Here are a few photos I took of how it turned out:


I tried taking photos of my quiet book that I made for Annie tonight but they didn't turn out well (I need to wait for daylight) so you'll have to come back soon for that update (sorry Elyse!).

4 comments:

The Shuldbergs said...

haha thanks for directing your comment to me :). i will keep checking back to see the quiet book! THIS book though is SOOOOOO ADORABLE! i love it. i want one! i especially love the front cover with liesl's sweet face on the front! too cute! i want to hold her!

Matt Miller said...

Wow. That is totally the cutest idea ever. I love it!!!!! Definitely want to steal that. I'd love to see the quiet book, too....

Lauren said...

That is SO cute!!!

Kylie Walker said...

I love that idea Jenny! It's so much more personal for them