Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter 2010

What a beautiful Easter weekend it has been!! We have been spoiled here with gorgeous 70 degree weather Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It could not have been better timing for Easter.
Friday was a fun day. Annie and I took off early and ran a few errands before heading to the Zoo. She loved seeing the animals, especially the peacocks. Saturday we had a nice lazy morning. We decided to have the Easter Bunny come on Saturday so Annie woke up to her very own Easter Egg hunt (I guess one of the perks of being an only child for the time being). That afternoon we watched the first session of General Conference (a conference my church holds twice a year that is broadcast over the internet to the 14 million members of the Mormon church) before heading over to Annie's preschool friend's house for another Easter Egg Hunt and egg dying. Annie got alot of candy this weekend! We got home to watch half of the second session of General Conference before it was time for Annie's bed.
While Sean was at Priesthood Session (a session held just for the men), I worked busily to finish Annie's Easter dress. I started this dress in January. I'm actually pretty proud of this dress since I learned how to do traditional smocking. It turned out really cute. The sleeves ended up being very "puffy" (it reminds me of Anne of Green Gables' puffed sleeves from the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation movie) but otherwise I wouldn't change a thing.
Today we have had a wonderful day listening to General Conference again and hearing the words of the prophet, Thomas S. Monson and the twelve apostles. We have really tried to focus our discussions today on the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and that He Lives! Alot of the talks today have been focused on the importance of the family. I am so grateful that I have my sweet family and that we can see each other again after this life. This all wouldn't be possible without our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Here are a few of my favorite photos from today. Enjoy!


I didn't really want to post any pictures of my pregnant belly but my family has been clamoring for some photos. Here you go Elyse...


Happy Easter Everyone!

3 comments:

Vickie said...

I love your cute belly!

natals said...

The dress is amazing, Jenny! You do such great work. I wish I could turn out things half as good as you.

Camille Hammond said...

I saw your blog from your facebook page-you can really sew! Today I'm trying to figure out my new machine and just got online to find easy patterns to make a dress for Lily and got distracted by facebook. I wish I could sew like that! Camille hammond (reid)