School started on Thursday. I can't believe the summer is over. Well, sort of....it still is very hot here in CT. However, I know fall is on its way because I saw a tree starting to change its colors on the way home from church. I LOVE (LOVE!) fall in New England though. It makes it worth living through the hot humid weather of the summer and the frigid cold of the winter. I'll post some pictures of the colors once they turn in the next month. It is gorgeous.
August was a good month for us. Annie and I had alot of fun outside playing at the park, the beach and in the swimming pool.
These pictures are taken up at Sleeping Giant State Park:
These pictures are taken up at Sleeping Giant State Park:
Dad looks excited:)
The trail...Annie liked her seat for only a little while. She's a "busy body" and wanted to be out walking!These pictures are from a trip to NYC during our one free Saturday in August (I worked the other Saturdays). We hadn't had a chance to visit the Mormon Temple in NYC for quite a while and we took advantage of the day and hired a babysitter to come with us to NY so we could go to the temple. We then took her and us out to lunch at our absolutely favorite restaurant in NYC called "Good Enough to Eat". Can I say DE-LICIOUS! They have the very best brunch in the entire world. Trust me. After lunch, we went to Lincoln Center (home of Julliard School of Music) and went to a free outdoor concert. It was "Family Day" and they were doing a production of the Sound of Music--with a modern twist. It ended up being an interpretive modern dance production with the music of Sound Of Music...so it wasn't exactly what we thought it would be but it was very fun none-the-less.
Annie and Sean hanging out at the concert.
Like I said, it wasn't exactly what we were thinking it would be but it was really fun. BEACH! Annie and I didn't get to the beach as much as we would have liked this summer but we did go a few times to Lighthouse Park in New Haven. Annie LOVES the beach, she is got a good little tan, despite being slathered up with sunscreen.

Annie LOVES popsicles too...:)
Did I mention before that Annie is GIRLY GIRL. She loves bows, shoes, Barbie "Princess and the Pauper" DVD, and her doll. Seriously, I can't believe it starts this early:). Not that I mind though. I'm a girly girl too. Here she is at a friend's party trying on some dress up shoes. CUTE!
Sean turned the big 29! We had a very fun birthday. I surprised him and my good friend Heather watched Annie while we went out. I took him to Edgerton Park and we saw "The Matchwaker" outdoor play. It was lots of fun. He's such a great husband. I'm such a lucky girl to have a guy like him. Thanks babes!
Lastly, I've been doing alot of sewing this summer. I made my brother Michael and his new wife Emma a quilt for their wedding, made 2 other quilts (including the one below) and just finished a corduroy jumper for Annie. I'll post some pics of that later. I have realized that sewing is actually one of my favorite hobbies. I've tried alot of other things that I still enjoy to do but I think sewing is my favorite. I have such a good time creating things for others and myself. This blanket took only a few hours and was so easy. I'll have to post about how to make it later--it is super easy!!
That's all for now. Enjoy September!


2 comments:
Looks like you guys have been having fun. That quilt is cute. Does it take only a few hours for someone with little quilting experience like me?
Yep, even for you Natalie--its VERY EASY. I'll show you if you want when you come up in November
Post a Comment